So I’ve officially now lost 50 pounds which is awesome and i’m happy about. I still would like to lose about 60 more to put me back in the weight range I was in when in high school but it’s still awesome. However the way people are reacting to my weight loss as a whole has bugged me a lot.
You see with the exception of a few people who are awesome about it (like Shannon but shes awesome about everything really) I find most people, especially family, while supportive are doing so in this tone that makes me sick to my stomach. They equate the fact that I’ve lost this weight as somehow making me a better person.
And I don’t mean in the way I feel better about it which is the fact I now have lots of energy and life to me. I have muscles underneath the fat and im endlessly amused by them. I can do things again that i could before and I like that. But to them instead its like i’m 50 pounds more likable now.
They mean it in the sense that somehow the fact that im lighter now makes the shit they always are annoyed at me about somehow less annoying because i’m smaller. I don’t like it at all because I’ve always been the same person. The only difference now is just weight but i’m still every bit as sarcastic, difficult and mean to those around me as I was 6 months ago. And it’s weird you know because they never made me feel too terrible (some did though) about my weight before so it feels odd that their reaction to losing it would make me this uncomfortable. But it really does. So yeah there’s that.
- makeyourself likes this
- apocalypsesunshine likes this
- highsee likes this
- etnoxfactaest said: man bitches be trippin’. do u mang. do u. DO WHAT U DO NAW WHAIMEAN
- desperatelivin likes this
- 101110 likes this
- grimaugury said: dude yeah i know this feeling. it sucks. fuck them. be proud of yourself for getting stronger and healthier. you’re just as awesome as you were since i met you so take that, people in your life
- h-u-s-h likes this
- epouvante said: i know that feeling exactly bruh. “wow u used to be such a fatass u look so good now”. uh…thanks for tolerating me when i was ugly and supporting me now that i’m not??????
- herlandian likes this
- prohibitionaintlastin said: From what I’ve experienced of you on this, you are an absolute gem of a person - not defined by the pounds but by the wise words, kind thoughts, and your fine fine demeanor (aka FACE)
- alexher posted this